Monday 9 April 2012

What a difference a day makes

After a testing day yesterday, today has been a dream and the boys have just been adorable from when they got up to when they went to  bed. Makes you forget the bad days pretty quick! We had a lazy morning around the house before heading off to introduce the boys to Aunty Nikki and Uncle Ian. We sat around a table for a couple of hours and the boys were really well behaved and ate enough food to last them a week. They really warmed to their new uncle and aunt too, and vice versa.

After lunch we took them bowling which they thought was great. As a really poor bowler, I was grateful to finally have an excuse to have the sides up on the alley, even then, I only narrowly managed to get a better score than the children!

Back home we had cuddles on the sofa in front of a DVD, played, laughed, had some food and then did our bath, story and bed time ritual.

There has been a lot of laughter today, and we've had none of the stubborn stops from Charlie that we had yesterday.

They were loaded up with yet more Easter eggs from their nanny, uncle and aunty, I think we may have to help them out a bit!!

I am feeling quite emotional writing my blog tonight. I've come to the end of my month's paternity leave and alas I have to return to work tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but this last month has been amazing. My life has changed beyond any recognition and I have fallen head over heels in love with our two gorgeous little boys. I certainly don't feel ready to leave them, and I know that the reality of my working life means there are going to be several days each week where I won't get to see them, and I am not at all ready for that. I am also going to really miss G - we've been together 24 hours a day for the last month, through the biggest ride of our lives, and I have fallen even more in love with him than before, which I didn't think was possible.

It's the 9th today, exactly a month since we first knocked on the door of the foster home to meet our family for the first time. I cannot believe it's only a month, it feels like we've had the boys a life time and I am so amazed by how quickly they have settled into life with me and Papa. At the same time, the month off work has whizzed by in a flash, and I feel cheated of extra time with them. In reality I should probably have taken this week off too as it's going to be a tough one for G on his own - from next week Joe will be at school which will ease the pressure a little.

March/April 2012 will certainly go down in my life story as the best time of my life. I only hope things continue to be so wonderful as the months and years progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment